rough couple days at work.
- significant loss of interest in contributing to the netlify blog
- “moved fast and broke things” https://netlify.slack.com/archives/C0A9B63L0/p1541117081085000
- opposite of thoughtful review is thoughtless?
- we need more posts
- we need good posts
- we need guest posts
- majority of time spent discussing grammar/style rather than substance
- i am far less interested in discussing grammar/style than substance
- i am not a fit for the content process
- i am not used to taking editing feedback
- i am not used to responding to editing feedback (edited)
I’m all for being productive but I’d also like to make sure we don’t take the move fast and break things approach
So this feels a little shameless but here goes
- My FreeCodeCamp + Bootcamp story: https://hackernoon.com/no-zero-days-my-path-from-code-newbie-to-full-stack-developer-in-12-months-214122a8948f
- podcast with Egghead: https://egghead.io/podcasts/swyx-shawn-wang-on-infinite-building
- Learn In Public: my in-progress essay series I am thinking of making into a nonprofit https://gist.github.com/sw-yx/9720bd4a30606ca3ffb8d407113c0fe5
Things I learned in public:
- Typescript: https://github.com/sw-yx/react-typescript-cheatsheet
- React: https://github.com/sw-yx/fresh-concurrent-react
- My Contributing to React talk which is now on the official React docs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWCcZ6fnpn4
- My talk at React Rally, first big conference talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyFHR0dDZo0
At Netlify I work on private and open source code, and blog about stuff like https://www.netlify.com/blog/2018/09/12/the-rise-of-immer-in-react/
Hopefully that is plenty!